For years we’ve taught Metro East kids how to move on land, now we’re jumping in the water to teach kids how to swim!
Classes begin April 11, 2023
*Early Bird Registration ends March 31*
The Swim School at Pride Difference
Year-Round Learn to Swim Lessons
Small Class Sizes & Personalized Instruction
Shiver-Free 90 degree Pool
Super Clean UV-Filtered Water
Positive & Progressive Curriculum
About Our Lessons
We offer small group and private swim lessons to children ages 6 months to 12 years old. We follow a progressive skills based curriculum in a safe, fun, positive challenge environment. We teach respect for the water and self-rescue alongside swimming skills. We do not use forced submersions.
Lesson plans are nationally reviewed and approved, and move through six levels of swimming skills from water acclimation to propulsion to strokes and stamina. We use songs, props, games, themes and water play challenges to make swimming fun for our swimmers!
Classes are grouped by age and skill level to maximize progress and individualize instruction. Limited student-to-teacher ratios allow for more time in the water and more individual attention and instruction!
Ducklings (6-36 months) Our program uses a child-centered approach to teach children how to rescue themselves in the water. Warm water, songs and games allow infants and babies to have fun while learning the importance of buoyancy and water safety. A parent or guardian accompanies the child in the water for our infant swim lessons to ensure that the child feels safe and secure. 30 minute lessons.
Mini Ducks (3-5 years old) our preschool swim lessons are the perfect environment for children to gain water safety skills. Our program uses a child-centered approach to teach children how to rescue themselves in the water. Warm water, songs and games allow children to have fun while learning the importance of buoyancy and to respect the water. Preschoolers are in the water with other children and an instructor while parents watch the lesson. We have a 3:1 student to teacher ratio for our Mini Ducks Classes.
Mighty Ducks (School Age, 5+) Our kids swim lessons welcome children of all abilities to learn in a fun and structured environment. Our instructors keep students focused during class to teach them important water safety skills. Our program uses a child-centered approach to teach children how to rescue themselves. Swim classes are filled with age-appropriate activities and games that teach children to respect the water. Children will also develop and refine the four strokes of swimming.
About Our Pool
Our pool features a consistent pool temperature of 90-degrees for warm, no-fuss lessons.
Pool depth of 3-4.5 feet is perfect for learning to swim safely, with a shallow depth to avoid intimidating those new to swimming.
Clean water is filtered at more than double state standards. We are adding a UV filtration system which provides swimmers added protection by using light to eliminate harmful pathogens – the ultimate in sanitation!
Dehumidification system keeps students from feeling clammy and sticky, and warm air temps in the pool room for shiver-free lessons.
Swim Benches custom built to keep students in the water for more of their lesson. Less sitting on the side means more time in the water!
About Our Teachers
Our Swim teachers receive initial training of over 40 hours, as well as ongoing training. Teachers are enthusiastic, energetic, friendly and love helping children learn to swim!
Many of our teachers are lifeguard certified, and at least one certified lifeguard is present anytime a lesson is scheduled.
Small class sizes provide each student a high level of individualized instruction. 3:1 ratio in all preschool classes, and school age level 1 classes. 4:1 ratio in school age levels 2-6.
About Our Policies
Double Swim Diaper Policy:
We require a disposable swim diaper and a Happy Nappy brand swim diaper cover be worn by every child under age 3, and by any child age 3 or older who has not been fully toilet trained, and accident free for at least 6 months. We understand that your child might be potty-trained prior to age three, but you never know what can trigger an accident. We would rather take the precaution on one child rather than close the pool for everyone.
Happy Nappy brand swim diapers are known the world over as the best option for preventing diaper leaks into the water. The Happy Nappy from Splash About is an innovative reusable swim diaper that reliably protects against fecal leaks. Ergonomically designed, the Happy Nappy is shaped to cup baby’s bottom to prevent any gaping, whilst specialist waist and thigh ribs fit snugly, to form a seal that prevents any solids leaking out into the pool.
Register by March 31 and receive a FREE Happy Nappy Re-usable swim diaper as our gift to your little Duckling or Mini Duck!
We developed our program to create the best environment for children to swim by attending one or more regular weekly classes. The repetition, consistency and weekly lesson plans enhance the progress of our students. In addition, students are only evaluated in their scheduled class.
Our goal is that we provide you a policy with the flexibility you need for the unavoidable times your child needs to miss class and that you understand the importance of consistency and limit absences whenever possible.
During busy seasons make-up opportunities can be limited and not guaranteed within a certain time period. Your eligible make-ups expire after 6 months. Please be patient with our front office when scheduling your make-ups. Offering a make-up is a courtesy to our families.
- Make-up lessons are scheduled through the front office or the Pride app.
- Absences may not be credited to the next month’s tuition.
- Make-up lessons cannot be replaced. We DO NOT make-up a make-up lesson.
- We do not guarantee the same teacher, time or student ratio for group lesson makeups.
- Special makeup classes may be created as needed.
Dress Code for Swim Lessons:
The correct gear is recommended for safety, comfort and performance.
- One-piece snug fitting suit for girls
- Properly fitted shorts or jammers for boys
- Rash guards or swim shirts are not required, but may be worn if your child chooses.
- Long hair is required to be tied back or contained within a swim cap. Swim caps are available for purchase at our Gift Shop.
- No jewelry allowed
Students have the choice of whether or not to wear goggles. For those students who wear goggles please note there may be a portion of a class or full class where goggles will not be allowed to be worn. We do this to teach the safety skill of being able to open one’s eyes underwater in any situation.
What level is my swimmer?
Register for Lessons
How do I register for lessons?
- Use our convenient Level Finder to determine the appropriate level for your child. Level Finder
- Visit the Parent Portal or the Pride App to find a convenient day & time for your lessons and reserve your swimmer’s spot.
If you don’t see the day, time, or level you need, please text or call 618-204-1981, or email email@example.com. Due to the small class size (3 or 4 students per class) and personalized nature of our lessons, we regularly add lesson options to meet the needs of our students.
What level is my swimmer?
What is the tuition for lessons?
Tuition is per lesson and based on the number of scheduled lessons for the month. Tuition for Ducklings, 6-36 months Baby & Me, is $16 per lesson. Tuition for Mini Ducks, 3-5 years preschool lessons, and Mighty Ducks, 5+ years kids’ lessons, is $26 per lesson.
- Your commitment is only on a monthly basis. Once enrolled in our lessons, you will stay enrolled with monthly tuition charges until you withdraw from lessons . If you choose to withdraw for the upcoming month, a withdrawal form must be submitted to the office or online by the 24th of the current month. Once tuition is charged for the upcoming month, you have committed for that month. We do not issue a refund if you withdraw earlier in the month and there are classes remaining. Your tuition is based on enrollment (guaranteed spot) and not a reflection of attendance.
- If the pool is forced to close due to unforeseen circumstances, weather, or contamination cleaning, tuition already paid will be converted to a make-up option to be used when we are able to re-open.
- Class tuition is automatically charged on the 1st of each month for the upcoming month using the credit or debit card you have on file. Changes may be made to your credit card at any time through your customer portal or at the front desk. A payment receipt will be emailed to the billing contact’s email address on file.
Register by March 31 for Early Bird Special
Register for classes by March 31
and receive a FREE GIFT!
Ducklings will receive a FREE Happy Nappy Swim Diaper.
Mini & Mighty Ducks will receive
a FREE Turtle Kickboard or Pair of Goggles.