March 13, 2020 @ 11:30 p.m.
Hello Pride Families,
We want to update you on the happenings at Pride in light of recent school closures. We always aim to serve our kids and families as best we can, meeting their needs for fitness, friendships, and fun! Especially when the outside world is topsy turvy, the gym can provide a sense of normalcy and routine for kids (and a break for their parents!).
Here’s where we are:
- Pride will remain open so long as other community services (daycares, restaurants, stores, etc.) are open. We will continue to monitor Health Department and CDC guidance.
- We continue to thoroughly clean and disinfect at a rapid pace, require hand-washing upon arrival, and restrict any children or staff with fever, cough, or who feel unwell from attending. We are also restricting staff or children who have travelled internationally or to high risk areas.
- Our parent lobby and viewing area will close entirely thru March 30th to limit the amount of people in the building. Staff and athletes only. Please drop off and pick up within 5 minutes of your athlete’s scheduled times at Pride.
- Children who come into contact with anyone who has travelled internationally or to high risk areas, or who have had any type of fever, vomiting, nausea, or coughing for 48 hours prior to coming to the gym, may not attend. We reserve the right to send home any child displaying signs of feeling unwell.
CLASSES: Will run as scheduled until further notice. We have created the Pride of IL Lion Nation Facebook group for our class kids, and will be including some at home workouts, fun activities, and shaping drills to help your kids stay active! For those who are not comfortable attending and are planning to self-quarantine, we will happily provide make up passes for each class you missed to use once the current situation has resolved. We will waive our normal make-up policy of 2 per semester for classes missed between March 15-30th.
In April, we will add extra classes and clinics for you to be able to use make-up classes, since many of our classes are normally full.
TEAMS: Teams will continue to practice, but on a modified schedule so as to reduce the number of people in the gym, especially during “passing periods.” Please see your team Facebook groups for additional details posted by Saturday at noon. Power Tumblers and HYPE teams, Saturday morning practices are on as scheduled. End of season events are still on for the most part, so we will continue training to prepare for those events, as our athletes have worked incredibly hard all season long!
DAYTIME PLAYTIME: is taking a break until the end of March, and will resume in April.
OPEN GYM: Will run on Friday nights, but will be limited to 30 athletes, and currently enrolled members only. Please pre-register on Amilia if you plan to attend.
PRIVATE LESSONS: will be offered during limited hours. Coaches will be in touch with additional details by Sunday evening.
I would like to remind our Pride families:
- Your family has invested time and money into this training so please do not throw that away due to this event. Maintenance is key to not regressing in skills.
- More than ever our kids will need to get some exercise and physical activity. This is key to staying healthy and happy!
- Having our kids stick to their routine helps reduce anxiety for our kids. I know the kids are sad as their events, competitions, and schools are closing.
- This small business appreciates your support during this trying time. Your continued enrollment is greatly valued and appreciated. We want to make sure Pride can stay open in our community for many, many years to come! We have rent and other overhead expenses that have to be paid regardless, and our coaches sincerely need to continue working for their livelihood. We are committed to paying our coaches and staff for as long as possible during this time.
We will continue to monitor the state and country health departments as well as the CDC for updates but this is our plan for right now. Thank you for your understanding as we navigate through this time.